DONATE YOUR TIME
Our volunteers are an amazing part of what makes our organization so successful. We are always looking for new community members to join our team. Groups, sport teams, organizations and businesses can also get involved!
What is cocoa packs?
Cocoa Packs is a weekly program that provides weekend food assistance for students in need from grades K-12 in the Derry Township. Volunteers assemble & deliver these packs.
Volunteers meet in our dedicated Cocoa Packs space accessible from the entrance door to the right of the loading dock at the Hershey Middle School (look for signs). After entering through the door, the COCOA Packs Command Center is Room B130 (the 2nd classroom on the right just past the weight room).
As a school wide policy, all volunteers are required to enter through the Middle School main office during school hours to check in for the distribution shifts. When not arriving within the hours school is in session, volunteers can enter directly through the Cocoa Packs entrance near the loading dock.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities, email Erin Darr at firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER Fall 2017
Click here to choose a volunteer time for 2017
the community GETs INVOLVED!
Our volunteers are an amazing piece of what makes our organization so successful. We are always looking for new community members to join our team.
Groups, sport teams, organizations and businesses can also get involved! There are many opportunities for your small group of youth or adults to get involved and make a difference!
Here are some examples of how our community has rallied around our program and helped in the ways that they CAN!
- Every Thursday students from the Vista School join our volunteers at Cocoa Packs to help organize, sort, and prepare packs for distribution
- Trend Vending has supported Cocoa Packs through its food donations every single month since distribution started nearly 2 years ago
Hershey Elementary and Middle School PTO donated gifts for Toys for Tots which will be distributed December 7th to upwards of 300 children in Derry township
Over 10 Girl Scouts volunteered at the Cocoa Packs Command Center to help sort and prepare fresh produce for distribution
Students from Hershey High School helped assemble boxes for the Toys for Tots drive
Hershey Little League raised over $700 on local raffle during their Opening Weekend Ceremony
- Hershey Softball League organized a league-wide food drive and brought their players in to assemble packs
- Young sisters put together a neighborhood food drive and collected bags of food to donate to Cocoa Packs
- Local Girl Scout Troop 10967 volunteered and assembled CP bags for delivery multiple times and organized a food drive.
- Spring Creek Church of the Brethren Youth Group donated and assembled Cocoa Packs for delivery.
- First Grader and Daisy Scout donated Girl Scout Cookies for Cocoa Packs.
- Hershey Middle School PTO donated over $1000from their Luau School Dance.
- Hershey Middle School boys, while having lunch, have volunteered regularly to unpack items into lockers during their short lunch period.
- Students and Leaders of Jr. Fish Youth Group donated food and assembled packs for delivery.
- Hershey Soccer Club U-10 boys team assembled bags for delivery.
- Partners for Healthy Communities of Central PA Coalition & Master Gardener Diane Leonard, Mike Frentz and Jason Reifsnyder provided tomato plants and planting sessions for CP families.
- Donations from the JSDC Law office team
- Hershey Middle School Library – Food for Fines Program
- Chocolate Avenue Grill – Donated 10 % of all food and drink eat-in and take out orders on a June 4th!
- Chocolate Avenue Grill and Smoked Bar and Restaurant donated over $2100 of Chocktoberfest proceeds to CP
Fundraising: Interested in learning about fundraising opportunities or being a part of our fundraising team, please contact Megan Lawall at Megslawall@gmail.com
Marketing: Contact Kristin Argento at email@example.com, if you are interested in being a part of our marketing team!